twitter



Written by Funn Lim

SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS
 
"the men are doing better than the women"

FUNNLING METRE


The emoticon means I do think this episode is enjoyable but only if I close my eyes or ignore lots of stuff. By not ignoring, it gets icky but still enjoyable nonetheless.

It took me some time to write this recap because I could be brief and I could be longwinded. There isn't much to this episode and yet you can say it has quite a lot and the plot is moving. Before I begin I like to speculate that Kai Kei will marry Yat Yuen due to her hairstyle in later episodes. She isn't adopting the married woman hairstyle after Kai Cho died so I assume she will wear that style when she marries someone. It is either Kai Chung or Yat Yuen and since Yat Yuen himself later dresses in western clothing which may mean he has money, I will say she married Yat Yuen. But my conclusion that he dies from heart attack is something I am sticking with although it will be pointless if he dies since this is about her medical practice. So my hope is she cures him and gets famous due to that cure and he lives a long long long long long life so that finally! FINALLY! Ruco has a happy marriage with the woman he loves!

Ok, recap.

Short version.

Entire episode is Kai Chung getting angry with the General and telling the Nanjing government General plans to take the $300,000 for himself whilst his father tries to stop him doing so. When General finds out, he vows to kill Kai Chung and Chun shoots Kai Chung but Kai Chung is rescued by Yat Yuen who with Kai Kei tries to save Kai Chung but Chun is getting nearer as Natalie races against time to save Kai Chung from her father.

Basically its is about Kai Chung being stupid, General being angry, Chun being vindictive, Natalie balancing her father's anger and Kai Chung's stupidity with her own wisdom, Kai Kei using her medical expertise to save Kai Chung and Yat Yuen helping Kai Kei to save Kai Chung whilst Jazz potentially becomes the first "running dog" of this series as he may have told Chun where Kai Chung is even if he may be forced to do so.

Long version.

No need lar! Short version tells all except for 3 things, one of which this episode answered my question in the last recap;

1. Kai Kei did ask her father about Yat Yuen's condition but her father lost his confidence and didn't advise her on the medical procedure and so Kai Kei decided to do the research herself. Old master really was a broken man.

2. Kai Chung used Natalie to deliver a telegram on the lie that he decided to return to Japan for further studies and so needed to inform his Japanese friend to find out from the university there when actually he found letters between Kai Cho and Nanjing government aka Minister of errr Finance I think and knew Kai Cho was investigating the general and so wrote his friend a letter to write to Nanjing to volunteer as informant and about the $300,000. Natalie didn't know since the letter was sealed.

3. Kai Kei calls Yat Yuen as Yat Yuen, that we know. Yat Yuen now calls her Kai Kei, now that is new. He in fact looks forward to his appointment with her but he hides his feelings well. Kai Kei is still trying to keep the family afloat.

That's about it.

No comments on other things except to say the men are doing better than the women and I do think Sammy Shum who does little in here is infinitely better than his love sick UC in Line Walker which is getting on my nerves. Natalie continues to impress. Linda continues to baffle me. Raymond despite his insane Kai Chung is a very good actor but you know where my heart lies...

*To the chorus of Frozen's Let It Go*

It's Ruco!
It's Ruco!
No need to talk anymore!
It's Ruco! 
It's Ruco!
Just slam the door and talk no more!
I don't care! What you all are gonna say!
Let the "storm" rage on! 
I'll take Ruco over anyone any day!!!

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Yes... I notice, too. Yat Yuen calls Ms. To "Kai Kei" in Epi 10.

    Not many Ruco's scenes in this episode.

    Hahaha....ur version of Frozen song. I also hope that it's a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Funn. It's me again.
    Where do you see the image of Linda's wife hairstyle?
    I just saw it in the sales presentation clips.
    In d opening song, I notice a snapshot showing Linda with the same hairstyle and Ruco's wearing western clothes. Ruco looks pale and Linda is leaning her head on him. So, I guess they're not married.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcomed. However do avoid future spoilers for past episodes meaning in current episode you may post about past or current spoilers and speculations but in a past episode please avoid posting spoilers for future episodes that you have seen. Do keep the discussion to the relevant episodes.

© Copyright 2014- Funn Lim @ Point2e.com;